Reputable Hedge Fund seeks skilled #SystemsEngineer with the following qualifications:
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: High-level experience with the following:
- Deploying and managing large quantities of server systems running either Microsoft Server or *nix operating systems, as well as VMware ESX and Hyper-V hypervisors.
- Architecting, implementing and ongoing management of Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft SQL in highly available environments.
- Oversight and management of the broader Microsoft Windows™ suite of products including Active Directory, IIS, SharePoint Services, Lync and System Center.
- Proficient scripting skills including VBScript and PowerShell along with working knowledge of programming languages such as C#, Perl and Visual Basic.
- Implementing and managing Enterprise Systems Management and event correlation systems.
- A solid understanding of data center design issues specifically in relation to high density server deployments.
- Working knowledge of Cisco routing and switching.
- Share in the 24 x 7 support responsibilities for HBK’s international network.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Success Factors (skills, interests and core competencies that will contribute to success in this position)
- Proven advanced troubleshooting methodology and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well within a nimble team
- Technical proficiency and desire to grow
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage an active task/project list and consistently meet deadlines
EDUCATIONAL TRAINING REQUIRED: College Degree required. Training in the above-referenced systems, etc. required. Additional formal training/certification optional.
LOCATION: New York City
STATUS: FULL-TIME PERMANENT
START DATE: ASAP
SALARY RANGE: Open, Commensurate with Experience
COMPANY NAME AND CONTACT: Please email email@example.com for additional information. Only serious applicants need apply.
(Please mention that you are responding to an ad posted on Philo4Thought.)